An Integrated Approach to engaging in Decision-Making:
“Lenses” to view and develop Effective Communications:
- Recognizing and responding to differing communication and decision-making styles.
- How to achieve your goals while building and maintaining relationships.
- Key strategies for ensuring that agreements are implemented.
Negotiations and Decision-Making:
- Who needs to be engaged and why?
- What is really important and why?
- How do I recognize, create and apply power and influence?
- What is the nature of the relationships involved?
Protocol and Rules of Engagement:
- Applying decision-making techniques to negotiation.
- Knowing when engagement is and is not appropriate.
- Managing internal and external relationships when negotiating.
Strategies for Building Solutions and Agreements that work:
- Identifying and engaging the appropriate partners.
- Ensuring effective representation.
- How to use time and deadlines effectively.
Strategies For Implementation:
- Effective use of formal and informal communication strategies.
- Agreeing on “how” and “why” before “what.”
- Exploring alternatives and crafting packages.
- Moving from concept to detail.
- Developing a single text format and drafting “straw” documents.
- Knowing when to agree and when not to agree
- How to build commitment and investment in the agreement.
- How to take the agreement for a “test drive.”
- Creating agreements that can “learn” and evolve.
- When you need an “implementation protocol.”
CUSTOMIZE THIS SEMINAR FOR YOUR COMPANY
We can tailor this seminar to meet your key strategic business needs. That way, your employees stay focused on your mission and goals as they learn from University of Washington faculty. We can create in-house versions of any of our three seminars in Finance and Accounting, Business Communication Strategies and Leadership. Or work with Executive Education staff to develop a new program specifically for your company. For more information, call UW Executive Education at 206.543.8560.